Thursday, December 14, 2006

the pilot

I've often viewed my life as a TV show.

Why? Maybe its because i grew up eating, breathing, practically sucking-in television. We were the first ones on our block to have cable (with that cool cable box with the flip-switches on top) HBO, Nickelodeon, WGN, MTV...I was the rerun/gameshow/cartoon queen. Now, I hum tv theme songs from the 80s (the facts of life are all about youuu...) and still get excited to watch The Breakfast Club for the 67th time.

My mom used to say I'd get "TV Eyes", she was right.

In an ironic twist, I don't have time to watch tv anymore. Just an episode of The Office, or Alias reruns... so now, I pretty much just watch my own show.

I guess its about taking a step back and look at what's going on around you... they are so many things you just couldn't make up. Funny, strange, sad, amazing things. Little things. So, besides starring in my own show, I guest star on other people's shows... sometimes I'm just an extra. I also produce, but directing is impossible (the actors in my household are beyond directing). There are times I'd like to turn down the sound, or just TiVo some parts. Not gonna happen.

I have to go back to the episode where "Corie designs a Vinyl Siding Brochure". Stay tuned.

No comments: