Friday, December 15, 2006

so. very. tired.

On this episode of Corie:
Corie avoids freelance work while attempting to fold gratuitous mountains of clothes. Dog is barking, child sleeping. This combination won't last long.

a sidebar:
I've got all the @!#?!*(%#% work I need. Which is a blessing and a very tiresome curse. I have a family, two kids, a dog, a 3-day-a week part-time job, and about 6 very needy freelance clients.

Agghh, I might as well have a full-time job for all the hours I put in freelancing. But, can I say "no"?

No. I can't.

This will be my new job, saying "no".

"Can I have that done tomorrow?" No.
"We'd like to see twenty more photo choices." Um, no.
"Can you Photoshop the man out of the picture, and make our product look better." Probably not.
"We take 60 days to pay our bills, that's just our procedure." Oh, then your layout won't be ready anytime soon... AND you can cram it with walnuts, mister.

I think the word "blog" is Pig Latin for "to complain" or "to vent".

No comments: