Tuesday, January 9, 2007

organize all the Christmas crap....



Yes, that was the theme of my weekend. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the generosity of all our relatives, and Santa was good too. But c'mon, do I really need an 18' x 12' room to house toys in? Apparently, I do.

So, I bought a bunch of new shelves/baskets for the basement playroom (not from Pottery Barn) and if it didn't fit on the shelf, it went to the Goodwill box. "Good bye" junky, McDonald's happy meal toys. "See ya" , you one-armed Polly Pocket. "I won't miss you" raggy, filled in giant box of old coloring books.... THE PURGE is so nice. So, so nice. I'm glad to say that we had the biggest garbage pile on the curb yesterday. Greg wasn't as glad.

And coincidentally, I received an email from Pottery Barn, with the image above. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Two sweet children, agreeably coloring on a WHITE table, in a sun-drenched room, with about $3000 of baskets on the wall. AND many glass candy jars perched on top of the highest shelves. Thats a GREAT IDEA, why don't I fill glass containers with candy and just let my kids dip in whenever they want....

that's all I have to say for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'see ya' one armed polly pocket, what happens when you find the missing arm? i sure could use a wall of those baskets myself, and i don't have little kids..to PURGE,what a nice sound indeed..g

Anonymous said...

Better be careful...all of us will be asking you to come organize our junk! Doesn't it feel good to have it all taken care of? AS

Corie said...

yes it does.... now I only have to paint the house and I'll be finished before baby comes.