Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yup, he's 3.



Henry turned 3 today. As you can see, he's very proud of his Lightening McQueen cake. (which was also very delicious) He also was quite the host with his guests and is truly the party animal. "You like to see my toys? I have a Kirby. You pet him?"

But, it was really fun just watching him process it all. Even early in the day, after I picked up his cake and balloons, he was dancing around asking when "his guests" would come. I even heard a premature riiiiiipp, when he found his presents and decided to open them early. "My party starts now Mommy?"

Having company was nice and it was good to catch up with some friends we haven't seen since August.

Then today, to switch gears, I spent 4 hours peeling horrid wallpaper off my bathroom walls.

It was very cathartic.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup, he sure is a handsome henry...who could resist that smile...and did you get all the wallpaper off the bathroom walls?...g

Anonymous said...

Aww...so cute and smart... I wish I could have been there to celebrate with my godson....kl

Corie said...

I got about 80% of my wallpaper down... so I still have another day of prep before I paint.

Anonymous said...

Are you having a DIF party without me?

Two Job Mama said...

Man, I can't believe he's 3! Cute cake, too. And I know what you mean about the wallpaper - what a satisfying project that can be.

Corie said...

Actually, the DIF bottle says the "in the State of California, this products has know to cause birth defects"... so I wasn't going to take any chances in Michigan. Of course, when I was pregnant with Henry, I practially bathed in the stuff getting the wallpaper down in the old dining room.

Anonymous said...

speaking of the old dining room, do you think you could get that bathroom done before the ninth month, you on a ladder then gives me the creeps...g

Corie said...

mom, if I can paint a dining room 9 months pregnant, I think I can paint a bathroom 2 months!

really, should I stop driving and using the microwave too?

Anonymous said...

just be careful...

Anonymous said...

You will need to stay away from cancer causing brackets too. Remain a safe distance away from the train table... kl

Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday to Henry. Boy, he sure is growing up fast. And another on the way...you sure are getting into this mother thing. As long as you're happy and can remain sane. AS

Corie said...

Does it seem like that I'm currently sane?