Tuesday, November 27, 2007

turkey day.




So, we had our own little turkey day here in Rockford.

Gran, Poppa and Fredddie came over from Waukesha to stay for a few days and help us celebrate. They arrived on Tuesday, and helped me hunt down the right kind of sausage for the stuffing, and cook & bake all the traditional fare that were requested for our feast. We pulled-out the good china and even had namecards made by the kids and Gran. Everything was delicious (of course!) and we enjoyed our full-bellies after our three desserts. (pumkin pie, pecan pie and apple-caramel cake). We even had visitors, our neighbors Brett and Amy joined us for dessert(s).

An in a sad turn of events for the weekend, my Grandmother passed away on Saturday. My folks left early to make arrangements and I will be traveling this week for the funeral on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corie- I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Just know I'm thinking of you..

Anonymous said...

we had a great thanksgiving feast with the ripples...would not have had it any other way...cor prepared about 95% of the dinner and she did a grand job...g