Thursday, November 1, 2007

halloween recap.





Well, our luck ran out with the good October weather this week as it began to rain about 5 minutes before we went out Trick-or-treating. Luckily, both kids wore something on their heads to keep the drops off, and Henry's costume actually was like a raincoat.

We went around the block once and both kids had a blast. Meg and Greg stayed back to hand-out candy. And when we got back, we reviewed the loot and sugared-up for bedtime stories. (trades were made, as Henry cannot have gum yet. They got all good stuff with no boxes of raisins or religious literature. One neighbor even handed out those mini-cans of soda. Mmm. liquid sugar.)

My costume editorial:
Okay, our kids were a witch, a firefighter and an angel. Three great, traditional cosutmes. Right? Remember when you would go as your hero, something scary or your favorite TV cartoon character? Well, if you're over the age of 13, it now appears that whatever you can wear (or not wear in some cases) qualifies as a halloween costume. Wear your dad's boxer shorts, and nothing else. And what are you exactly? Okay son, I know you want some candy, but you needn't degrade yourself. Or wear some kitty-cat ears with a short skirt and thigh-high boots... is your hero a pole-dancer? I feel like I should be handing out condoms instead of candy... perhaps some literature on good-taste or maybe you're the one who should get the boxes of raisins, toothbrushes and pennies. (Not the little kids who have been dreaming of this night for two months.) And if you want to TP my yard in return, my border collie will herd your inappropriate excuse for Halloween mockery right out of my yard. Am I judgmental? Yes. Well then, don't come up to my door half-naked asking for food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh cor, the kids are just adorable...but you crack me up...glad to hear that halloween is still fun for you...g

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious. I totally agree!