Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My house is a three-ring circus.

Step right up and see the most amazing show on earth.

Up on the roof, we have 4 men installing new shingles...

Inside Maddie's room and kids' bathroom, we have 2 men tearing-out drywall, repairing the leak from last month. Painter will arrive in a few days to finish...

Down the hall in Henry's room, I am painting, getting ready to switch the kids' rooms so that Henry and Baby can have the larger room.... Maddie is fine with this as long as SHE isn't the one sharing.

In the following week another team of painters will come to paint the hideously ugly master bedroom, a feat of unusual proportions since we have a vaulted ceiling and much tedious priming involved.

And in another stupendeous attempt, I will wave my magic wand and hope that this will be all done before May 5, when we have family in town for Maddie's first communion party.

Did I mention that I went to the ER two-weeks ago for passing-out at a concert? That was a fun ride in th ambulence... no harm done to me or babe, just that I have such LOW blood pressure that I apparently can fall over at any moment. I'm living on the edge.

They say that some women nest, I find it imparetive to remodel, paint and inflict chaos upon myself and those in my immeadiate grasp.

sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do set a bad example for those of us who don't seem to be nesting at all yet :)
Amy

Corie said...

Maybe its Tony who's nesting..?

How are you doing?!? And when is your due date? I know its coming up, I just read your latest blog.. fat girl in a small white lab coat... I can feel your pain. Except mine will be fat girl in a tankini.. much more embarassing (too bad we couldn't see Chris Farely do that one).

I still need to call Tony back, I seriously can't find the time to catch up. I well keep trying.

take care, CR

Amy and/or Tony said...

Yes, yes you do (both set a bad example and need to call me back). At least this time you are contracting some of the nesting out.
This post goes a long way to excuse your phone-call-return negligence.
And I go through brief spurts of nesting. It just odesn't last long enough to really make an impact. But I'm almost certain I'm ready to re-do the kitchen now. So we'll have a one ring circus.
-Tony